Friday, June 29, 2012

The Power Of 'Erbs

So, there's an old wives tale that says if you give someone a parsley plant, pregnancy is not far off. Our massage therapist, Jenny (who has just this year left us to move up to Auckland (boo hiss)) and her husband, Kuni, were trying for a baby and didn't seem to be having much luck. So remembering this tale I bought a little parsley plant for her and gave it to her on my last massage with her.



I got a text a few weeks ago to say that the parsley plant had worked and they are expecting a little baby later on in the year. Hooray!! It will be a gorgeous little baby too, Jenny is a kiwi and Kuni, is Japanese. Kawaii!! (that's 'cute' in Japanese for those who aren't as multi lingual as I am).



Which brings me to my next story. A few months ago Paula and Kazio (Aunty and Uncle) came for a visit. Kazio brought me TWO parsley plants. Suspiciously I asked him if he knew the wives tale and he and Paula both said yes. Ha ha - funny little people. Anyway, both plants have not survived so well and are pretty much dead. Says it all really, doesn't it.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww - I can't help but be sad that you weren't announcing that the parsley plants worked and you were somehow all knocked up and singing koombaya or something.

    I can dream.

    ReplyDelete