Wednesday, September 21, 2011

From Boxes to Briefs

Everything is great.








The end.





Ha - got ya! As if I would leave it there and not waffle on for a few more paragraphs telling you about the mundane details of my life!



So, where do I start? Right, I lauched my Intimo business on September 9th - Averil was my first hostess (with the mostest!) and the party, although there were only 3 other ladies, was brilliant. It was the perfect way to ease myself into it. Sales were low BUT I had a great time and was amped for my Sunday party at Paula's. AND it was great practice.

Sales at Paula's party on Sunday were slightly better and I began to get the hang of it and was feeling more confident. My next party was Tuesday night for my bestie-at-works wife, Julie Hampton. Her party was a resounding success with sales of $1300 AND a booking. I was on the board!! Claire's party the following night was way up there as well and was fantastic.
Then it was up to Auckland on Thursday for an Intimo field meeting and a party for Kathryn, Mum, and my friend in Warkworth. Phew!! Busy busy.


Being an Intimo 'New Start' I have been encouraged to complete Quick Step which means making $4000 of sales in my first 42 days for an incentive bonus of a $100 Intimo voucher to use to increase my kit, or as hostess rewards, or for personal use. I completed Quick Step in my first 8 days (thanks again to my lovely hostesses) and am totally chuffed. The next goal is to make $5000 in sales for the month (any consultant can do this in any calendar month) to recieve a further incentive bonus of $125 voucher to use as I please. At this point I am $185 short of that goal so am confident that I will complete it before the end of September. Achieving goals is new to me and I've got to say, I love it!!
Averil and Claire have been my biggest cheerleaders and I really don't think I could have done it without them. Their support and help has been my most valuable business tool. Much love to you both. xx

Averil flew up to Auckland on Friday night so was in WW for the weekend too. We were both very busy AND important and it must have felt like Mum & Dad had teenagers in the house again - borrowing the car and getting dropped off and picked up.
I got to meet 4 week old Wills (Krissy and Derek Letchers wee boy) who, can I just say, is GORGEOUS. And I'm not just saying that because I am Mummy 2. He has very fair hair and is a thirsty little fella. He had dressed up in his little 'My First World Cup' onesie to meet me. Bless. Gorgeous gorgeous. Krissy and Derek both look fantastic and are loving being first time parents. As am I (he he). Jack the cat apparently has changed into a smoochy loving cat too but keeps his distance from the new addition.




Averil and I flew back to Christchurch together on Sunday evening and had a nice roast dinner at Roxy Inn on our return. MMmmmmm... how I love roasts. Thanks Scott - you'll do!


Now for something quite exciting: Claire and Scott have set a date in April (yes, THIS coming April) for their wedding day AND have decided to get married in Warkworth. Well, Puhoi to be exact. Mum and Dad couldn't be happier! Mum has already starting her planning and we have lovingly nicknamed her MOBzilla (MOB stands for Mother Of The Bride, of course). She does need a clipboard, whistle, and visor to complete the look though.. Who has Mum for Christmas this year??? Just a suggestion.


Mum seems to be delirious with wedding fever and even asked me if I would consider getting married in Warkworth. Now, I know what you are thinking because I was thinking the same thing: Richie McCaw will probably want to get married in Chch! But we can discuss it closer to the time. Our relationship is a secret - even he doesn't know about it!!


I'm still keeping an eye out for a new place to live. I saw an add for a two bedroom flat on the internet yesterday which described it's positive aspects then stated 'Shower and parking on the road.' Hmmmm... that's a 'No' from me.

AND we have a new follower to the Roxy Review. Kylee is a Kiwi who married an American and now lives in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. And is expecting a wee boy in December (I hope I've got my dates right)
Kylee and I first met when we worked part time together at The Horse & Trap bar in Auckland before we both headed overseas for our big OE's. During that time we had a lot of laughs one in particular being at the expense of the Tongan bouncer every Friday night coming up to the bar asking for a 'Bannable Chutse' (pineapple juice). It's become a common saying between us which can mean almost anything but is generally used for a welcome or for signing off. So I hope you will all join me in sending Kylee a great big BANNABLE CHUTSE!

3 comments:

  1. You are SO busy and important. And I'd like to mention that you are an AMAZING Intimo consultant - the best, even :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I got a mention!

    Yep, you got your dates right. Baby boy is due on the 5th, but... I'm betting he will be making his debut early.

    Bannabble chutse!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am a bit late reading this. Good one, Danielle, and I am pleased you did not like the idea of a shower on the street. Little bit chilly, I would think. All Blacks / Argentina is on now, with Ritchie. Fingers and toes all crossed!!
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete